Sunday, August 9, 2009

A mid-summer night's dream

I am almost sounding shakespeare like ain't I!

Another one of those days at office....I wanted to find out what exactly Shakespeare had penned....I must admit I have not read any of his works, but I will make an attempt to do so.

So ya..I was searching online for his quotes. I needed a quote for my status message on gtalk.(I have a take on status messages but more about that later)

I came across a few interesting lines from A mid-summer night's dream, a romantic comedy. I cannot recollect exactly what those lines were but they were good nevertheless.The above explanation sums up why the title is so..

Now coming to the actual incident...this again would require an extensive explanation of WHAT's been UP with me for the past few days...brace yourself

The other day I was chatting with an incredibly brilliant aunt of mine. She suggested that I watch a political drama series called the The West Wing. This series is about all the things that go on in the White House (the abode of the Presidency of the United States of America). Since I started reading Jeffrey Archer during my teens, the Presidency and the politics of the United States have fascinated me. Being the most powerful country in the world (lets discount the less popular facts for now) is not easy. Every word the white house utters is news. Its glamorous(the system wont let me use the 'u' again...almost metaphorically saying 'u' is insignificant!!!! ) and most of the times outrageous. For the sheer control politics can exercise and for all the attention it gets...its addictive!

So ya I have been hooked to this show for the last one month...Its been a great savior during solitude. In one of the episodes a special intelligence agent gets shot and dies....I like that guy a lot..The US Press Secretary and the agent were about to go out on a date and he gets shot because of local criminals in NYC, and that too, while buying flowers for her.. :( :(...So I went to sleep that night with a very heavy heart and guess what I had my mid-summer night's dream...

I am in the airport taking a flight to some random place that I dont remember.....As I am talking to some stranger...I get shot....I see blood all over...and surprisingly I am able to withstand the pain (I guess thats why its called dreaming!)...and yes after that I woke up....it was 5.30 in the morning....I was a little fuzzy...but ya...it was scary :)

I know this post conveys nothing really.....But it is a lazy Sunday afternoon...New Jersey weather God has cast a curse on us....Its extremely humid and its raining... I decided to take a break from knitting.....I started learning how to knit..and I must say....I have a special respect for all women who can knit..I have seen the works of one such person and wow!!! I cant stop appreciating it.... My mother (whom I will refer to as ma) is coming to NJ on the 16th of Aug from Bangalore..more on that later....

I am sorry for putting y'all through this extremely long and dull post....but hey blame the weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment